- Early Modern
- History Clubs
- Rolls Series
- Ladies of the Reformation: Memoirs of Distinquished Female Characters belonging to the period of the Reformation in the Sixteenth Century
1 vol. (1367 - 1600)
- The memoirs of eminent sixteenth century female characters in the reformation from England, Scotland and the Netherlands.
- Lauderdale Papers
3 vols (1639 - 1683)
- Ledger of Andrew Halyburton and Book of Customs
1 vol. (1492 - 1503)
- Leechdoms, Wortcunning and Starcraft of Early England
3 vols (500 - 1066)
- A Collection of Documents illustrating the History of Science in England before the Norman Conquest (500-1066), and written over three volumes.
- Leges Marchiarum, or Border Laws
1 vol. (1097 - 1603)
2 vols (1100 - 1600)
- Sir William Fraser's books are visually stunning collections of histories, documents, memoirs and letters relating to the leading clans and aristocratic families of Scotland. Fraser had unparalleled knowledge and unequalled access to the records of the Scottish aristocracy, and produced these books in very small numbers for the shelves of his noble patrons' libraries. Illustrated with beautiful lithographs of charters, seals and signatures, as well as mansions, castles and palaces, Sir William Fraser's books are available to a global audience at an affordable price for the very first time.
- Letter-Book of Gabriel Harvey
1 vol. (1573 - 1580)
- Letters and Papers illustrative of the reigns of Richard III and Henry VII
2 vols (1483 - 1509)
- Letters and Papers illustrative of the Wars of the English in France during the reign of Henry VI
3 vols (1419 - 1460)
- Letters and Papers of John Shillingford, Mayor of Exeter
1 vol. (1447 - 1450)
- Letters and Papers of the Verney Family
1 vol. (1216 - 1639)
- Letters and Papers, Foreign and Domestic, Reign of Henry VIII
38 vols (1509 - 1547)
- A simply mammoth series covering every aspect of the government, life and times of Henry VIII. The sine qua non of Tudor history.
- Letters and State Papers during the Reign of King James Sixth chiefly from the Manuscript Collections of Sir James Balfour of Denmyln
1 vol. (1577 - 1625)
- Letters and the Life of Francis Bacon
7 vols (1560 - 1626)
- Seven volumes containing the letters and Life of Francis Bacon, Attorney General and Lord Chancellor of England between 1560 and 1626.
- Letters from George Lord Carew to Sir Thomas Roe
1 vol. (1615 - 1617)
- Letters from James Earl of Perth
1 vol. (1688 - 1696)
- Letters from King Charles First to Queen Henrietta Maria
1 vol. (1646 - 1646)
- Letters from Sir Robert Cecil to Sir George Carew
1 vol. (1600 - 1603)
- Letters illustrating the relations between England and Germany at the commencement of the Thirty Years' War
1 vol. (1618 - 1619)
- Letters of John Grahame of Claverhouse, Viscount of Dundee
1 vol. (1679 - 1689)
- Letters of Queen Elizabeth and King James VI of Scotland
1 vol. (1582 - 1603)
- Letters of Queen Margaret of Anjou and Bishop Beckington and others written in the reigns of Henry V and Henry VI
1 vol. (1415 - 1471)
- Letters written by John Chamberlain during the reign of Queen Elizabeth
1 vol. (1597 - 1603)
- Lettres de Catherine de Médicis
11 vols (1533 - 1588)
- Liber Cartarum Sancte Crucis. Munimenta Ecclesie Sancti Crucis de Edwinesburg [Book of Holyrood Charters. Muniments of the Church of Holyrood at Edinburgh]
1 vol. (1100 - 1625)
- Liber Conventus S. Katherine Senensis prope Edinburgum
1 vol. (1101 - 1102)
- Constitutions of the Sisters of the Sciennes, Convent of Saint Catherine of Sienna, Edinburgh. In Latin, with a preface and a portion of the appendix in English (1101-1102).
- Liber de Illustribus Henricis [John Capgrave's Book of the Illustrious Henries]
1 vol. (973 - 1473)
- Liber Ecclesie de Scon [Ancient Muniments of the Monastery of the Holy Trinity and St Michael of Scone]
1 vol. (114 - 1586)
- Liber Insule Missarum [The Book of Inchaffray]
1 vol. (1177 - 1544)
- The book of Inchaffray, containing the register for the Augustinia Abbey between the years 1177 and 1544.
- Liber Niger Scaccarii
2 vols (1066 - 1625)
- Black book of the Exchequer, and also the Annales Rerum Anglicarum of William of Worcester.
- Liber Officialis Sancti Andree Curie Metropolitane Sancti Andree in Scotia [Book of the Official of St Andrews of the Metropolitan Court of St Andrews in Scotland of Extant Sentences in Consistorial Causes]
1 vol. (1513 - 1588)
- Liber Prioratus Sancti Andree in Scotia [The Book of the Priory of St Andrews in Scotland]
1 vol. (1100 - 1400)
- The book of the Priory of St. Andrews, a priory of Augustinian canons, between 1100 and 1400.
- Liber S. Marie de Calchou: Registrum Cartarum Abbacie Tironensis De Kelso [The Book of St Mary's of Kelso: Register of Charters]
2 vols (1113 - 1567)
- Two volumes holding the Register of the Charters of Kelso Abbey, which was established in 1113 in Selkirk under the Tironensian order, and which moved to Kelso in 1128.
- Liber S. Marie de Dryburgh: Registrum Cartarum Abbacie Premonstratensis de Dryburgh [The Book of St Mary of Dryburgh: Register of Charters]
1 vol. (1150 - 1338)
- Register of the Charters of Dryburgh Abbey (1150-1338)
- Liber S. Marie de Melros [The Book of St Mary's of Melrose]
2 vols (1100 - 1600)
- Two volumes of the Book of St. Mary's of Melrose stretching from 1100 to 1600.
- Liber S. Thome de Aberbrothoc [The Register of Arbroath]
2 vols (1178 - 1536)
- Two volumes of the Register of Arbroath from 1178 to 1329, edited by Cosmo Innes.
- Liber Vitæ Eccleseæ Dunelmensis
1 vol. (800 - 1300)
- Life of King James II, collected out of Memoirs writ of his own Hand
1 vol. (1633 - 1698)
- A Life of James II of England and VII of Scotland, based on his on papers: for the period when he was king, the period before his succession, and after his deposition. Includes advice to his son, his will and other important documents.
- Lists of Foreign Protestants and Aliens resident in England
1 vol. (1618 - 1688)
- Literae Cantuarienses: Letter Books of the Monastery of Christ Church, Canterbury
3 vols (1210 - 1536)
- Lives of Edward the Confessor
1 vol. (1003 - 1066)